When automating in Minecraft there are always a series of techniques or methods that we end up using. Sometimes, especially in gated packs, we do not have the methods that we are used to. Therefore, it may be good to consider the crazy large variety of ways we can do things.
Item Transport Mechanics
- Vanilla mechanics like hoppers, dropppers, water columns, slimeblocks + ice, nether portals, etc.
- Pipe mechanics like buildcraft pipes, EnderIO conduits, thermal ducts, botania sparks, transfer pipes from EU2, integrated dynamics, steve’s carts, dislocators, mekanism pipes, hopper ducts, etc.
- Storage system mechanics like drawers, barrels, buses, etc from AE2, Refined Storage, Simple storage network, yabba barrels, EU2 indexers, ender chests and tanks, etc.
Item Storage Mechanics
- The good o’l fully integrated storage systems like AE2, Refined Storage, Simple Sotrage Network, indexers from EU2, Botania Corporea sparks, Ender utilities item storage, RFTools modular storage, EnderIO item warehouses and inventory panels, etc.
- The specialized storage systems like drawers, barrels, the barrel for unstackable items, bookshelves for books, integrated dynamics storage, vanilla filtered storage, barrels from AA, crates from IE, iron chests, etc.
- Easily transportable storage systems like better backpacks, iron backpacks, rftools modular machinery item cards, crates from EE with the keep inventory item, block transporters, animals with chests, etc.
- The out of ordinary storage systems like sifters for early game Exoria, primal chests and advanced primal chests, etc
Ore/Resource Processing and Generation Mechanics
Traditional ore processing machines like furnaces, better furnaces (double smelting upgrade), EnderIO machines (random x), IE machines (2xish), magneticraft ore system (3x), mekanism ore quintipling + other machines, thermal slag and petrotheum mechanics, AA machines, industrial foregoing, EU2, botania, RFTools, Ender Utilities, Matter Overdrive, etc.
Quarry/ore generation mechanics like RFTools builders, buildcraft quarries, astral sorcery ore ritual, blood magic meteor ritual, quantum quarry from EU2, etc.
Farming resource generation mechanics such as mob farms, crops from Agricraft and mystical agriculture, specialized woot farms, and the all powerful husk and llama duping from exact copies from Industrial Foregoing.
There are a lot of other categories out there but we can add them over time.